If no deal is agreed between the EU and the UK, Part 147 organisations training engineers might need to take action to maximise continuity and stability for the aviation sector. Actions required would depend on individual circumstances and are a matter for each business and individual to consider. This page sets what you need to consider to prepare for such an eventuality.


Would my UK Part-147 approval still be valid?

Yes, it would be valid in the UK but may not be recognised outside the UK. To continue to operate in the EU or train engineers for the EU market you may need to obtain a Part-147 approval from EASA.

From October 2 2018, EASA has said that it will accept third country applications from UK holders of Part 147 approvals. Organisations will need to decide whether, in a non-negotiated withdrawal, they wish to retain both a national and an EASA approval.

The CAA intends to continue to recognise current (and valid) EASA certificates for an initial period of up to two years, but no decision has been made about ongoing validity after this period.


Would people who receive basic training or type training certificates at my organisation be able to add these items to a non-UK licence?

If you have a UK Part-147 approval which has issued certificate of recognitions (CofR) then these CofR’s may be used to support the issue of a basic licence category or addition of a type rating for UK licences only.

For basic or Type rating CofR issued by a UK company to be added to Part 66 licence issued by an EASA Member State, you would need to apply for an EASA Part-147 approval. Other states outside of the EASA member states may decide to accept training performed by CAA approved Part 147 organisations.  Please contact the specific NAA directly as soon as possible.



I have a non-UK Part 147 approval – would certificates of recognition issued by my organisation be still be valid in the UK?

Yes, these are intended to continue to be accepted, but only for a period of up to two years.

Should an organisation wish to apply for a UK approval, please review the third country application page for further details.