If no deal is agreed between the EU and the UK, continued airworthiness management organisations (CAMO – Part-M) might need to take action to maximise continuity and stability for the aviation sector. Actions required would depend on individual circumstances and are a matter for each business and individual to consider. This page sets what you need to consider to prepare for such an eventuality.


Would my UK Part-M approval allow me to continue managing non-UK registered aircraft?

You would only be able to manage non-UK-registered aircraft if you are approved by the state of registry or EASA for aircraft registered in the EASA Member states.


Would operators require new Certificates of Airworthiness and Airworthiness Review Certificates (ARCs)?

Operators would not require new certificates immediately after exit from the EU. The CAA is looking into how it would replace certificates issued under EASA rules. More information on processes and timing will be available in due course.


Who would issue noise certificates?

These would be issued by the UK CAA.


If my UK-registered aircraft is managed by a Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation (CAMO) located in an EASA member state would my ARC remain valid after exit day? Do I have to move my aircraft management to a UK Part-M approved organisation?

Your ARC would remain valid until expiry. You may continue to use a CAMO located in an EASA member state or in a third country if approved by EASA for up to two years following exit day. After this point in time you would need to ensure that your aircraft is managed by a UK approved CAMO organisation. New ARCs may only be issued by the CAA following receipt of a recommendation from a CAMO.


My maintenance programme is owned/controlled by a CAMO located in an EASA member state. Would the ARC still be valid?

Your maintenance programme approval remains valid if it was approved prior to exit day. Any subsequent amendments would need to be approved by the CAA or by an organisation approved by the CAA.