If no deal is agreed between the EU and the UK, air navigation service providers (ANSPs) might need to take action to maximise continuity and stability for the aviation sector. Actions required would depend on individual circumstances and are a matter for each business and individual to consider. This page sets what you need to consider to prepare for such an eventuality.



Would my UK basic training be recognised in the EU?

Once the UK formally withdraws from the EU, then air traffic control licences would not be able to be exchanged. If you have already exchanged your licence to the relevant national aviation authority, then there would be no impact on you.



*UPDATE* I am currently studying with a non-UK approved initial training provider for my Part-ATCO licence, which will be issued by the UK. Will my training still be recognised?

Yes. Your training will be recognised for up to two years after EU exit day if you are training with an approved initial training provider located outside the UK which had their approval certificate issued prior to EU exit day and continued to be valid during the training period.